Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What would Kow Yokoyama say?

I've been a scale modeller since I was a kid. Every kid of my era had a go of at least 1 model kit, something that I think is unfortunatley lacking these days.
Over the years I've seen a lot of good, bad & ugly stuff. Some models I can appreciate for the skill involved or new techniques tried, but I am very rarely gobsmacked.

Recently I was gobsmacked.
I've just rejoined the Maschinen Krieger site after a few years absence: http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum and once again become interested in all things 'Kow', the designer of SF3D, or Maschinen Krieger, or more plainly Ma.K

Anyway, after some browsing I came across Mark Stevens and I was gobsmacked. Mark seems to do mainly scratchbuilt models from junk.
Here's a look at a before pic on Flickr:


I know, looks impressive huh?
Then take a look at the finished result:






Here's another scratchbuild from mark:




If you would like to see all of Mark's photo's, which also include his hobby of renovating Gillott bicycles, go HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment